GROUP HERKIMER HISTORICAL CANAL TOUR
GROUP HISTORY TOUR
Your day begins by arriving by your bus to the Historic General Herkimer Home in Little Falls, where you will tour the home and learn about General Nicholas Herkimer.
Once you have a taste for History, you may feel a bit hungry. Your appetite will be satisfied by the delicious Promised Land BBQ served in true BBQ fashion, outside, under a tent. Then observe an 18th century chocolate making demonstration by costumed docents.
We depart from the Home on a lil’ Diamond Vessel and listen to the fascinating narration about the three Erie Canals, the significance of Lock 17 in Little Falls, once the highest lift in the world and Lock 18, the most historically intact lock on the Erie Canal.
Your day comes to an end with a little shopping at the beautiful and unique gift shop Gems Along the Mohawk, 800 Mohawk Street, Herkimer, NY 1335
-You must make arrangements for your Bus Driver to meet you there.
Gems is located directly across the street from Exit 30 of the NYS Thruway – If using a GPS, do not turn right at the stoplight after coming thru the toll booth, but continue straight into the parking lot*
**GPS Address** 800 Mohawk St, Herkimer, NY 13350
- For our Living History Cruise, the Group minimum number is 35 paid Adult passengers with a maximum of 48.
- You will also receive 2 Complimentary Tickets.
- Group pricing is $59.00 per passenger.
If you would like to book a Living History Cruise, please call 315-717-0077 or email at [email protected] with your preferred date.
AVAILABILITY & PAYMENT
- Living History Cruises are available Wed, Fri, Sat and Sundays. We will check with the partners for availability. When an agreed upon date is decided, there is a NON-REFUNDABLE $750.00 deposit required.
- 15 Calendar days before your event, an E-mail invoice will be sent stating the amount that is owed in 5 days. You will owe for whatever passenger count you have booked for.
- 10 Calendar days before your event, Full Payment must be made. It is imperative that you call 315-717-0077 to update any change in your headcount immediately, to guarantee availability on board.
- 6 hours for our Living History Cruise (10:00am – 4:00pm)
- 10:00 am Arrival by your Bus at the Herkimer Home, 200 NY State Road 169, Little Falls, NY 13365
- 10:30 -11:15 Tour of the Herkimer Home
- 11:15 – 12:15 Promised Land BBQ
- 12:15 – 1:00 Chocolate Demonstration
- 1:00 – Board Lil’ Diamond Vessel
- 1:15 – 3:00 2 Lock Cruise to Gems Along the Mohawk
- 3:00 – 4:00 Shop at Gems and enjoy several Historic Displays
The Living History Cruise is not accessible for people with mobility limitations. Call 315-717-0077 for more information.
Is it customary to tip the crew?
Yes, it is customary, but it’s completely at the guests’ discretion. They are greatly appreciated.
Is smoking allowed on board the boats?
We are a completely Smoke-Free area. We are a Smoke Free, Tobacco Free, Vapor and E-Cig Free Zone! Smoking is not permitted on the docks or aboard our vessels.
Will I get motion sickness?
Motion sickness is very rare on our cruises since we travel on the calm, narrow waterway and experience virtually no rocking. Our vessels are very stable. Should you be particularly prone to motion sickness, feel free to take your own preventative measures beforehand.
Are restrooms available on board?
Yes, there are restrooms on board our vessels.
Are there life jackets on board?
Our vessels are U.S. Coast Guard certified and we have more than enough life jackets for all passengers.